Here at Heckmondwike we have a stringent environmental policy to clearly state our commitment to protecting nature through responsible manufacturing. We look for every opportunity throughout our business and its processes to minimise our company’s impact on the environment.
1. We ensure environmental issues are considered in all key business decisions
2. We comply with current, relevant environmental legislation and have full accreditation to BS EN ISO 14001: 2004 and appropriate industry codes of practice. We integrate environmental management system practices with existing quality, health, safety and business management systems
3. We have developed a high level of staff environmental awareness through sustained communication, encouraging responsible environmental practices throughout the organisation
4. We have a dedicated team who regularly set and monitor the achievement of environmental objectives in order to promote continuous improvement
5. We assess the impact on the environment prior to commencing any new activity, project or building new facilities6. We continue to develop a more sustainable approach to the company’s activities.
6. We continue to develop a more sustainable approach to the company’s activities
7. We actively encourage waste reduction, re-use and recycling during the activities of the company and through the life cycle of our products
8. We minimise the adverse environmental impacts of waste generation and promote the safe and responsible disposal of waste
9. We actively look for suppliers and partners with the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard to reduce the environmental impact throughout our supply chain
10. We communicate with all interested parties by providing up to date information on environmental issues relevant to the business.
For more information, you can view our full environmental policy HERE.
We acknowledge the nature of our business can result in environmental impacts and pollution. We are committed to controlling and minimising this impact.