3500 square metres of Heckmondwike’s best-selling Supacord carpet tiles were installed in Welsh medium school Ysgol Caer Elen, thanks to Supacord’s BREEAM A+ rating and high-performance properties.
- Ysgol Caer Elen is a Welsh-medium school in Withybush, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire.
- The school is Pembrokeshire County Council’s second medium comprehensive outside the Welsh-speaking heartland of north Pembrokeshire. Its goal is to increase the numbers of Welsh speakers in the local community.
- The £24million school provides educational services for pupils aged 3-16, with a capacity for 315 primary pupils, 600 secondary students, with 45 places at the school’s nursery and another 24 in the Cylch Meithrin.
- Constructed by Willmott Dixon and designed by architects Stride Treglown – the school delivers when it comes to sustainability.
- The BREEAM excellent rated facility was built with the environment in mind. During construction, 99% of waste from the project was diverted from landfill and the site team conserved energy by using LED temporary lighting and a night power shut down.
- Due to the company’s close working frameworks relationship with Willmott Dixon, Heckmondwike provided 3,500 square metres of its Supacord carpet tiles for the school.
- With a BREEAM A+ rating, Supacord supported the site’s environmental credentials while ensuring the school had a high-performance commercial carpet tile.
- Supacord is the smart choice for the education sector, with millions of square metres of the product installed in thousands of education sites across the country, ranging from primary right through to higher education estates.