This unique Padel center in Kungsbacka, Sweden, chose Heckmondwike’s Supacord in ‘Red’ to form the edges of centre court. Using a bespoke logo option a striking yet hardwearing finish was achieved, ensuring the courts were fit for purpose.
- The Hede Padel Center in Kungsbacka, Sweden was first opened in October 2020. It is the first purpose-built centre of it’s kind in the region, with a total of eight Padel courts.
- The 3,000 square metre facility opted to install Supacord in ’Red’ from Heckmondwike’s fibre bonded range. Supacord was used around the edges of centre court, with an additional bespoke logo option, as a result of its striking look, hardwearing anti-ravel / anti-fray properties, heavy contract rating, plus its low installation and maintenance costs.
- Padel, a racquet sport, is typically played on an enclosed court roughly three quarters of the size of a regular tennis court. Usually played in doubles, the scoring of the game is the same as regular tennis, but the balls used to play with have slightly less pressure. Whilst the sport was relatively unknown in Sweden just 5 years ago, more recently it is said to have become ’the new national passion’ with an estimated 500,000 players nationwide, a figure which is increasing every day.
- In addition to needing a durable and stylish solution, the center also required an environmentally friendly floorcovering, with the building being specified to stringent environmental standards, Supacord was the obvious choice.
- Together with the centre court edgings, Supacord in Sherwood Green was also installed in the ’Children’s Corner’.
- This unique sports center and installation goes to show, Supacord really is one of the most versatile fibre bonded carpets around.