The expansion of Brampton Manor Academy in early 2021, lead to the school requiring a complete carpet and entrance solution. They opted for Heckmondwike’s best-selling Supacord carpet tiles and Battleship entrance matting, to ensure a long-lasting high quality finish.
- Completed in January 2021, the expansion of Brampton Manor Academy helped transform the school and delivered for learning spaces for pupils in the East Ham area of Newham.
- The £21.4 million development helped transform the school from a 10 to 14 form education site, allowing for an additional 600 pupils. The main goal of the project was to create a new building for year 7 as a stand-alone resource, alongside the expansion of the school’s sixth form areas.
- Overall, three new buildings were constructed within the existing footprint of the school.
- Heckmondwike worked closely with main contractor Neilcott Construction and architects Rivington Street Studio to provide 1,900 square metres of Supacord carpet tiles, alongside 140 metres of its specialist entrance matting, Battleship.
- Manufactured at Heckmondwike site in Liversedge, West Yorkshire since 1973, Supacord is widely recognised as the market-leading carpet for educational sites, ranging from primary schools through to colleges and universities.
- Supacord provides heavy contract performance, while also offering a variety of 42 colours. It is also available; with an acoustic backing, which enhances its impact noise reduction rating.
- Heckmondwike’s carpet tiles were installed on-site by flooring contractor, Jaycee Contracts.