- Opened in January 2021, Bader Academy is a new build SEN school in Edenthorpe, Doncaster.
- The £6.5million, 3000 square metre development will provide special education services for 100 pupils between the ages of five and 19 along with 50 members of staff. Alongside the usual classrooms and communal spaces, the school also includes specific provisions such as sensory rooms, soft play and calm rooms.
- The school was developed by main contractor Willmott Dixon and designed by architects Faulkner Browns. Support for the project was also provided by Doncaster Council, Nexus MAT and the Department for Education.
- As part of the framework agreement between the two companies, Heckmondwike worked closely with Willmott Dixon throughout the project. Overall, almost 2,000 square metres of Supacord tiles (a selection of Steel Grey and Anthracite) and 120 square metres of Dreadnought tiles (Anthracite) were installed on the site.
- Supacord is the market-leading carpet for the education sector. Manufactured in the UK by Heckmondwike at its site in West Yorkshire, Supacord has a strong reputation as being the ideal solution for heavy commercial environments.
With a prominent, diagonal-ribbed texture resulting in a durable surface, Dreadnought carpet remains a popular choice for use in heavy traffic areas.