Leading independent and boarding school, Abingdon school in Oxfordshire, chose to install the smart choice – Heckmondwike’s Supacord carpet tiles – across several of their modern and striking campus sites.
- Abingdon School in Oxfordshire is a leading independent day and boarding school for pupils across both primary and secondary school ages.
- The school recently invested over £10million in the construction of two new buildings that enhanced the learning environment for its pupils.
- Beech Court, with a value of £7million houses a modern library, classrooms, meeting rooms and open plan communal areas – opened in 2018. Farringdon Lodge, with a value of £4million, is home to two new house rooms, alongside the computer science, business and economics departments – opened in late 2020.
- Both buildings were designed by David Morley Architects and constructed by main contractor, SDC Construction.
- Farringdon Lodge and Beech Court are both modern in design with high-quality brickwork, zinc cladding and featured glass walkways to connect to adjacent buildings.
- Across both sites, Heckmondwike supplied its market-leading Supacord carpet tiles, with 900 square metres and 1,200 square metres supplied to Farringdon Lodge and Beech Court respectively.
- Supacord is the smart choice for the education sector, having built a strong reputation as being the number one product for education environments. Supacord delivers a heavy-contract rating, with its hard-wearing, non-ravel, non-fray properties making it ideal for the most challenging installations.
- Available in both sheet and tile form across 42 colours, Supacord also delivers true flexibility when it comes to design, with specifiers having a host of options to choose from to match any interior requirement.
- The carpet tiles were installed by Heckmondwike customers Orchard Flooring and Flortec.